Make My Magnum, by Magnum Cafe

Today's been one of the several times I've been so happy to be in KL. I heard about the recently-opened Magnum Cafe on social media, and my first thought was, "Meh"...until I saw Make My Magnum. Not being able to resist the idea of fully customisable ice-cream, I simply couldn't pass up the opportunity to make a trip there!

Mommy and I left the apartment bright and early, and reached the mall around 10am to secure ourselves a parking space. It'll be impossible to get a parking space by noon, hence why we left so early - Mommy calls the mall "Mad Valley" for this very reason.

The tentative plan for the day was to have some lunch and do a little shopping before going for Magnum ice-cream, so that's roughly how the day panned out.


Picture above was taken only after we left, but there wasn't much of a queue when we first arrived. There were probably 3-4 people ahead of us, and that was about it.

When it was our turn, we looked through the menu to view their selection. There were fixed desserts and ice-cream readily available, but I had my heart set on Make My Magnum. Mommy decided to join me for customisable ice-cream fun, so we paid for two Make My Magnum's at RM9.90 each.

After making our payment at the counter, we joined the rest waiting to be served.



These pictures were taken as we moved along the counter.

Now, we walk through the steps for making your very own unique Magnum creation.

Step 1: Choose your ice-cream flavour.

Pick one - either Vanilla or Chocolate Brownie ice-cream.

Mommy's choice: Vanilla.
My choice: Ditto.

We both decided to go with Vanilla to avoid death by chocolate.

Step 2: Choose a chocolate coating.

Choose from either milk, dark or white chocolate.

Mommy's choice: Milk chocolate, because she likes the sweeter things in life.
My choice: Dark chocolate, because that's my favourite kind.

Step 3: Choose up to three toppings.


In theory, choosing toppings is supposed to be step 3, but we discovered we had to make our topping choices right after payment. I thought this was really weird, but they managed to set a fixed systematic process to work around the layout of the Make My Magnum counter, so we went along with it.

Basically all you have to do at this step is tell the attendant which toppings you want, and they'll place everything into a cocktail shaker and shake it up so it's all evenly mixed together. Word of advice: take a look at the menu at the payment counter and make a mental note of what toppings you want beforehand.

Mommy's choice: Pistachios, almonds and Crunchy Choco Pearls.
My choice: Chilli flakes, culinary rose petals and almonds (and Crunchy Choco Pearls).

When it was my turn, I told the guy I wanted chilli flakes and he looked up and smiled a bit, like he was amused by my selection. Perhaps I was one of the few rare adventurous ones who dared try the more unconventional ice-cream toppings. He decided since he was going to put less of the chilli flakes for me, I could choose a fourth topping. Oh, joy! Since golden nuggets weren't available, I went for the Crunchy Choco Pearls (chocolate-coated biscuit balls) instead.

Step 4: Choose a drizzle.

Finish off your ice-cream with a drizzle of either milk, dark or white chocolate.

Mommy's choice: Dark chocolate.
My choice: White Chocolate.

I chose white chocolate for some contrast on a dark chocolate background.

Now you're DONE!

The end result? Delectable works of art.

Mine on the left, Mommy's on the right.


Close-up shot.
You may now drool.

Let's just say I was a very happy girl after having my ice-cream. Sergio got really jealous after I tortured him with all my ice-cream pictures. Perhaps he'll get the opportunity to come here when he visits Malaysia in the near future. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last 5 years (May 2020) / Living in times of COVID-19

First post!

Trials & Turmoil: Part 1 - Parting Ways