Trials & Turmoil: Part 2 - Thrilled

The incidents that took place after the break up proved to be a mental and emotional challenge that I barely scraped through. Weirdly enough, I only cried for all of one night. I was just nowhere nearly as heartbroken as I thought I'd be. Soon enough I started going online as per the usual, expecting to start chatting with people whom I thought would be weird as fxxx.

Not sure what made me want to meet people again so fast, and I was expecting lots of weirdos and/or pervs anyway. I started chatting with lots of randoms, and most of them were actually very decent people (surprise, surprise!).

...and then this one guy caught my attention whilst derping on the interwebz. Normally I'm just really not too bothered when I talk to weirdos people online, but dang was he cute. What made things weirder was the fact that he was the one to initiate the conversation, with a simple "Hi, how are you?". Like seriously since when did guys think I was cute enough to start a conversation with.

I will not mention his name just yet (for the sake of his privacy), but judging from his name, I guessed that his country of origin was somewhere in Southern Europe. My keen interest in most things Anglo had enabled me to narrow it down to either one of two countries from that region. After a bit of small talk, I discovered I was right - he was from that region in Europe! As for his current location, he only lived a few kilometres away from me...which was great, obviously!

We both weren't individuals to act too quickly, though. We chatted continuously for a few consecutive days, staying in touch practically day-in and day-out. We started sending each other selfies and voice clips via Whatsapp, and we quite enjoyed doing that. It was fairly quick, but after a few days in, we decided to meet up in person...to go on a date.

A date. Like an actual date. Not a platonic meet-up, not a gathering, a date.

If my memory serves, we'd started making plans to meet over the weekend. At the time I had classes till 5pm on Mondays, so we decided to meet shortly after my class on that day.

Monday could not have come any sooner then. I remember choosing my outfit rather carefully - I wanted something casual that was suitable for class, yet cute enough for a date. I'd settled on donning a dress with a zig-zag print in muted green and orange colours, layering it under an imitation Fred Perry oversized denim shirt, with the buttons left open. Slipped on my pistachio green Oxfords and headed off to uni for the day. Class started at 2pm as always, but I was text messaging him at random intervals during class - I was much too eager to finally meet him in person.

I received yet another text from him, ten minutes to the end of class. He'd already arrived, and was waiting for me right outside the uni. So many thoughts ran through my mind there and then.

Seriously, what? He's early. Wow, just wow. He must have been as eager about this as I was. Or common courtesy. Or both. Ahahaha.

Looks like we were both thrilled to meet each other.

I replied to his text informing him that I still had a bit of class left. He'd have to wait for me to finish, obviously, but neither did I want to keep him waiting for much too long. The moment the tutor finished marking attendance, I quickly made my way downstairs from class on the fourth floor. He'd been patiently waiting in front of the main entrance of the former-art-gallery-turned-regional-campus building.

As the steel elevator doors opened on the ground floor and I descended the brief flight of stairs, I stepped out of my campus into a whole new world.

He was there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last 5 years (May 2020) / Living in times of COVID-19

First post!

Trials & Turmoil: Part 1 - Parting Ways