Last 5 years (May 2020) / Living in times of COVID-19

It's been over 5 years since I've been actively blogging. Well done, Sue, well done. Talk about immense procrastination. With that in mind, pardon my shitty writing skills because I've obviously been out of practice.

So what's happened to me in the last 5 years?

2015 - Spent most of the year working a shitty shift job after finishing uni, slogging away for at least 40 hours a week for less than minimum wage in Australia.

2016 - I was struggling with depression for most of the year, I ended up taking a very long break from any form of work or study and moved back to Malaysia. I did eventually land myself my first accounting job towards the end of the year, though.

2017 - The year I attempted to move from one accounting job to a possibly better accounting job. Ended up getting fired after 2 months fml.

2018 - I landed yet another job in accounting, but this time for a private company. I loved the working environment and didn't mind the job at all, but I also still felt out of place despite having my sanity finally in control. Hence, I made the difficult decision to resign and moved back to Australia.

2019 - Moved into a loving, warm home with half of the Higgins family and 2 other females. Yes, 6 females under one roof. We definitely had our conflicts, but I managed it well for the most part. I finally decided to stop chasing a career I had no passion for and took up an administrative job, during which I found I had an interest in human resources management. Oh, and I met my loving boyfriend towards then end of the year too.

Finally, here we are in the year 2020. We're almost halfway through the year, and here we are stuck in our homes for the most part. Living in times of COVID-19 is a little scary; what used to be merely fiction has now become our reality. Healthcare workers in full hazmat suits and PPE equipment are now a common sight in our hospitals.

People were panic buying in the beginning - toilet paper specifically here in Australia. People getting into full on fist fights over fucking TP. What has humanity become? It's so disappointing that a flu pandemic has brought out the ugliest sides of people. People constantly violating lockdown rules and regulations and having little disregard for the older folks and sickly who are more susceptible to this virus in general. Where is the compassion?

I was unfortunate to have been made redundant earlier in the year, and now with COVID-19 around, it's been extremely difficult finding another job. Meanwhile, I'm making use of my time to upskill and am currently enrolled a Certificate IV in HR course. Yes, indeed I am studying human resources. It's a qualification level that's between a HSC and a Diploma, but perhaps I could use this to pave my way into a HR role.

On top of all that, Australia's PM wants to reopen Australia in July 2020. Right smack in the middle of winter. Fucking flu season. Coronavirus is still out there - I'm afraid we're in for a second wave. This is going to be the Spanish Flu all over again; the second and third waves were far worse than the first wave.

I guess that's it for now. I have decided that I would attempt to revive my blog and write more often. Time to get this back up and running. Meanwhile, take care and hope to keep you updated.

Bye for now!

Comments

Nadilah said…
Girlll, SAME!! OUR 2016 LOOKS A HELL LOT SIMILAR OH LORD. I hope it goes smoothly as for you and I this coming trying times... I'm happy you've found your boyfriend btw, he seems awesome 😊 I too wish ai'll write more often in my blog. Oh well, to infinity and beyond!
Anonymous said…
Hi,
I Took Onglyza off and on for a year. I have an enlarged adrenal gland. Still I await the outcome of that CT, but I know that much. Will find out more.
I had the CT because of chronic pancreatic pain that started out as "attacks" from a couple of times a month to finally after 3 months of use without interruption, "attacks" 2-3 times a week. My PA put Onglyza on my allergies list.
In the meantime, I lost almost 50 lbs in 5 months due to illness. Loss of appetite, pancreatic pain, chronic diarrhea, then eventually, inability to move my bowels. Severe back pain from the pancreas, and severe chest pain sent me to the ER where I was worked up for cardiac pain. I was cardiac cleared, but told my amylase was very low.
Still seeking a diagnosis, but I lay the blame squarely on Onglyza. I'd had pancreatic issues in the past, and argued with the PA that prescribed it, she was calling me non-compliant, and I feared repercussions from my insurance company.
I even took an article about the dangers of Onglyza, particularly in patients with a history, and she made me feel foolish.
I wish I had listened to my instincts, I fear not only damage to my pancreas that is irreversible, but also severe damage to my left kidney, though I have bilateral kidney pain.
I was off all diabetes meds, and controlled sugars strictly low to no carb. I can barely eat anymore, I have severe anorexia.
I would warn anyone taking Onglyza to consider a change and try Dr Itua Herbal Medicine, and anyone considering taking it, to select a different avenue. I have been suffering severely for about 9 months, but the past 7 months have been good with the help of Dr Itua herbal medicine which I took for 4 weeks.
I have been off Onglyza now, for 7 months, and simply 100% improved with the help of Dr Itua. I had none of these issues except a history of pancreatitis in my distant past.
I will recommend anyone here with health problems to contact Dr Itua on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com and website www.drituaherbalcenter.com also he ccure the following disease with his herbal medicines Hiv/Aids,Herpes,Copd, Glaucoma, Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease, Enlarged prostate, Alzheimer's disease, Dementia. Fibroid,Diabete, Multiple Sclerosis, Hypertension,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Vitiligo,Hepatitis B, Liver/Kidney Inflammatory,parkinson,cancer,als.

Popular posts from this blog

First post!

Trials & Turmoil: Part 1 - Parting Ways