Regalia Headache

As you may or may not already know, I officially completed my Bachelor's degree in November 2014. The Sydney campus of Curtin University is a small one, so there is only one graduation ceremony held around early to mid-May annually.

Now, I am entirely to blame for my own headache.

Whilst snacking on gozleme in the Westfield Eastgardens food court, I received a text message from the campus staff. It was a reminder that the 9th January 2015 was the last day to register for the Sydney 2015 graduation ceremony, which was...TOMORROW.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

This is what happens when you procrastinate. Apparently this terrible habit of mine had inevitably transcended from my school/uni life to my daily life.

My tendency to panic easily didn't help matters, but I tried my very best to remain calm in public. I decided to ring up the reception desk at campus to see what needed to be done. The phone signal was terrible in the food court, so I headed toward the bus stop at the very extreme opposite end of the building just so I could call the uni.

After a couple of calls going to voice-mail after ringing for oh-so-long, I finally got through to them. I queried the receptionist about the necessary registration procedures, and she said I could do everything online. All I had to do was click a link in my student portal and they'd guide me along step-by-step. Thinking that I could get to it a little later at home, I went back inside and headed to Target to purchase a few undergarments and sports bras. I got on the next bus home right after that.

The real headache started when I was registering for the ceremony. The process takes you straight from registration to ordering regalia (mortarboard, robe and sash). I really never liked the Oasis system that my uni uses.

Why?

Because it lags too much.

SO. MUCH. FUCKING. LAG.

I wanted to pull my hair out there and then. There were at least a couple of times when there was either a bad gateway, or it timed out, or some other shit like that that caused a delay in the any of the processes. Trying to make payment after placing my order via the website was the biggest bitch of all, because of the aforementioned reasons.

...but in the end, I got it all done anyway.

Registering for the ceremony and purchasing regalia at almost the very last minute, and I'm still sane.

/pats self on back


P.S.: I managed to finally adjust my sleeping pattern, only because I've been sipping on home-made coffee with milk since about 6am today. I've been awake since 5pm-ish last night, mind you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last 5 years (May 2020) / Living in times of COVID-19

First post!

Trials & Turmoil: Part 1 - Parting Ways