Happy New Year!

I had the intent to pen an entry for NYE, but considering that it's 2 minutes to 12am as I begin to write this, I suppose I have no choice but to make this a New Year post instead. Oh look, another minute gone by. In all seriousness though, where does the time go?

Finally, the new year has rolled around yet again. Another year come and gone in the blink of an eye. Being my usual semi-pessimistic self, I am undoubtedly indifferent to it. While the majority of Australian residents are out and about in the crowded CBD area, counting down to the new year, witnessing brightly-coloured firework displays marking the start of new year, I'm here at home being a hermit (as I do on most days).

Here I am, casually sitting in the middle of the road.
The above photo illustrates how I spent NYE.

Local police decided that George Street (the main road) was to be closed off in light of the impending NYD celebrations. Reasons for doing so are unknown, but the brother reckons it has to do with the hoards of potentially drunken individuals wreaking havoc in the streets after the new year shenanigans are over and done with.

I also recorded a vlog while mucking around the CBD, in the most retarded possible manner within my capacity, but it probably would never see the light of day. At least not so publicly on social media.

As I feel obligated to reflect on the past year, as well as mention my new year's resolutions, I am afraid you won't get much out of me. All I can say is the past year was like any other year - there were ups and downs, joy and sorrow. Tears were shed, people come and gone, but I had my positive moments too. I had my first working experience in a private high school, and of course, I graduated from university, armed with a Commerce degree: Accounting major.

No new year's resolutions in particular for 2015. Maybe get in shape, and get a job.

In any case, I do indeed plan to begin the new year on a good note.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last 5 years (May 2020) / Living in times of COVID-19

First post!

Trials & Turmoil: Part 1 - Parting Ways